The School Council gives pupils the opportunity to be involved in improving school life for everyone by working with staff and developing a caring school community. Each year every class elects a girl and boy to be their representative. The Council meets regularly and each meeting is minuted and shared with the rest of the school and uploaded to the school website.
Responsibilities of Pupil Councillors
- Class representatives will report back to their class after every school council meeting. Minutes will be sent email to class teachers.
- The School Council hold regular meetings where representatives can discuss their class’s suggestions.
- Year 6 school councillors to report to Head of School to update on plans for each term.
- School council representatives collect suggestions made between meetings in suggestions book and bring to next meeting.
- They should put across the views of their class, not their own views.
- If a representative misses school council meetings twice in a row without a good reason, the class can choose to elect a new representative.
How can I get involved?
- Put forward your suggestions to your school council representatives.
- Attend the School Council meetings.
- Read the minutes to your class from our meetings in your class file
School Council Events
Sports relief – Friday 13th March 2020
Talent show final – Thursday 26th March PM