Teacher - Nursery
Please click here for further information on our open days for September 2022 admissions. Visits must be booked in advance.
Links for parents
- Timetable 2021/22
- Medium Term Plan Summer Term 1 2022
- Nursery Prospectus
- Toilet Training information
- Curriculum Overview 2021 – Skills Progression
- Nursery welcome meeting – September 2021
We use an online learning journal to share photos/videos and observations of your child in the early years. Parents should all have received an activation email to your child’s account. Please activate your account if you have not done so already. As well as staff posting observations, parents can post photos/videos/comments of your child to show their experiences, progress and achievements.
How parents can help us
- Each child must be brought to and collected from the nursery by an adult. For the child’s safety, we must be informed if someone different is collecting them. A password is distributed at the start of the year and any new adult collecting from Nursery, must provide this password at the time of collection.
- Please inform us of any change of address or telephone number so that we can always contact you if necessary, during the school day. If your child goes to a childminder, please ensure we have their name, address and telephone number. Please also let us have an emergency contact number.
- Best clothes are not suitable for Nursery. We do provide aprons, but we do have some messy activities and accidents happen easily.
- In the case your child gets wet or has a toilet accident, would you please provide a change of clothes to stay on their peg. A draw string/PE bag is preferred.
- Children must wear suitable clothes for all weathers. Nursery children enjoy outdoor play, so a waterproof coat with a hood and wellies, must be in school at all times.
- If your child is likely to be absent from Nursery, please phone the school office or speak to a member of the Nursery staff.
- If your child is asthmatic, or has any other medical conditions, it is important that we are informed.
- If you have any concerns regarding your child, please discuss these with us. Any conversations will be confidential.
See all our latest activities in our Nursery class Twitter feed below. Follow us @ElmridgeSchN.