“Empowering children to shape the world of tomorrow”
Our mission statement
Elmridge strives to ensure that all its pupils meet their full academic, social, emotional and physical potential through building solid foundations during this first chapter of their lifelong learning journey.
Our goal is to develop confident, understanding, global citizens with a love of learning and respect for each other and the world around them.”
A Value is a principle that guides our thinking and our behaviour.
At Elmridge, every individual is valued for who they are and what they contribute to the school. Values are intended to support the personal, social, spiritual and academic development of every pupil throughout the school. Reinforcing strong, relevant values will help pupils achieve their goals and become good citizens in the future.
The whole staff team, parents and pupils are involved in promoting values and recognising where others are ‘living the values’. The values developed have been selected after consultation with pupils, staff, governors and parents as values which are important within the school community and which will be important throughout life.
At Elmridge our values are:
- The recognition that everyone is important and special.
- Consideration for the feelings, beliefs, rights and wishes of others.
- A feeling of admiration for others because of their good qualities, actions or achievements.
We show respect by:
- listening to others
- valuing others people’s ideas and advice
- looking after property and the environment at home and at school
- thinking before we speak
- treating others how we wish to be treated
- Working together as part of a harmonious community towards common goals
- An understanding of how the contribution of individual experiences, points of view and skills can make us stronger together
We show unity by:
- Learning about and valuing each other
- Helping each other to learn and grow
- Collaborating to achieve shared outcomes and goals
- Talking pride in our class and school community
- Celebrating the achievements of others as well as ourselves
- The ambition to achieve excellence.
- Motivation to be the best we can be.
We show aspiration by:
- Believing in ourselves and having an “I can” attitude
- Aiming high
- Showing perseverance in working towards our goals and solving problems
- Not limiting ourselves
- Recognising and valuing hard work
- The ability to do something even when you feel scared.
- Doing what you believe to be right even when there is opposition.
We show courage by:
- Trying things that are new or challenging
- Understanding that getting things wrong is part of the learning journey
- Conquering our fears
- Speaking up if there is a problem
- A positive relationship between people who care about each other.
- A feeling of happiness as a result of spending time in the company of others
We show friendship by
- Playing with others
- Helping others
- Giving good and helpful advice
- Being kind and thoughtful
- Saying kind things
- Thinking about how our actions and words can affect others
- Showing support to someone experiencing difficulties
- Showing forgiveness