National Professional Qualification for Senior Leaders (NPQSL)
NPQSL is for those individuals who not only have responsibility for leading a team, but are also involved in leading a range of issues that affect the whole school or organisation. This includes those who are, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilites e.g. a Director of a Teacher School Alliance (TSA).
The qualification will support you in becoming a highly effective senior leader with the skills, confidence and knowledge to contribute to the strategic development of your school or organisation as part of the senior leadership team.
We will tailor the programme to meet your particular priorities through your choice of in-school project. It is expected participants will complete the programme within 12 months
Our Delivery Model
Our delivery model adopts a blended learning approach – prioritising learning through face to face sessions with learning uniquely underpinned by experts in the fields of visible learning (John Hattie) and mind management (Chimp Management) through our exclusive partnerships . The essential facilitated learning by expert facilitators, who are practising educational leaders, is supported by self-directed learning through think pieces, current cutting edge research, work based practice, and exposure to outstanding practise through brokered optional school visits.
*There may be cheaper options from alternative providers. However, your value for money is for proven reputation and quality – with measured impact on school improvement
*Bursaries of 10% will be considered for school leaders from category 6 area.
The Alliance of Leading Learning NPQSL Package Includes:
- A Launch Day Induction
- 3 Face-to-Face days
- 1 day optional support workshop on Final Assessment and how to hit the assessment criteria
- Access to the Alliance of Leading Learning national and international Professional Learning Community.
- Admin support and customer care throughout the course
- Lead, motivate and influence others, including beyond the line management chain, to deliver whole-school objectives.
- Develop a communications plan that promotes or defends the school’s performance, policies or decisions effectively.
Teaching and Curriculum Excellence:
- Use a range of techniques to gather evidence on teaching quality and the impact of interventions across a school.
- Reduce variation within the school and against comparative schools by improving pupil progress, attainment and behaviour.
- Develop and maintain a rich, high-quality school curriculum.
- Identify excellent professional development practice.
- Identify talent within an organisation and put in place arrangements or tools to develop and retain it.
- Design professional development strategies, which engage all staff (including new/recently qualified teachers) and anticipate future professional development needs.
School Strategy and Improvement:
- Analyse performance data to identify the causes of variation within a school and against comparative schools.
- Ensure data collected is necessary, proportionate and manageable for staff.
- Work with the governing board effectively to identify and agree approaches to school priorities.
- Design and implement sustainable change across a school.
Working in Partnership:
- Identify a range of local and national partners that can support school improvement.
- Put in place systems, processes or structures which facilitate knowledge transfer and shared best practice within and beyond the school.
- Identify the most effective partnerships for improving pupil progress.
Managing Resources and Risks:
- Deploy resources across a school effectively and efficiently to deliver school priorities (for example, in relation to the use of Pupil Premium funding).
- Monitor the use of resources across a school, identifying opportunities and pressures (for example, in relation to teacher workload).
- Systematically identify, manage and mitigate risks to the school, its pupils and staff.
The assessment comprises of a project style submission detailing your development as a leader throughout the programme. You will create a 5000 report based on your project where you will work across your school to :
- reduce variation in pupil progress and attainment
- improve the efficiency and effectiveness of teaching
Your school based coach and sponsor will also be required to contribute by verifying your submission and supporting with further evidence.
You will be able to choose a window for your assessment within an 12 month timescale.
To register, please click here.
"Great enthusiasm and a good start to motivate us to engage in activities. Both facilitators were excellent. I have come away feeling enthused and motivated for all that lies ahead!"
(NPQSL Participant 2016-2017 Launch Session)
"Our facilitator is excellent at creating discussions,she is knowledgeable and well suited to lead these sessions"
(NPQSL 2016-2017 Succeeding in Senior Leadership)