National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)
The National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH) is the nationally accepted route into headship and the content of this qualification has been developed in partnership with some of the best school leaders in the country.
NPQH is for those who are, or are aspiring to become, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school. This includes those who are, or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with cross-school responsibilities such as a National Leader of Education (NLE)
The programme will develop talented leaders from all backgrounds who can deliver educational excellence in a self-improving system, and high quality outcomes for pupils and students. The support of a ‘sponsor’ from your school, usually your line manager or Headteacher, is essential to enable you to make the most of the programme. We can offer external coaching from a current School leader from the local area.
It is expected participants will complete the programme within 12-18 months
Our Delivery Model
Our delivery model adopts a blended learning approach – prioritising learning through face to face sessions with learning uniquely underpinned by experts in the fields of visible learning (John Hattie) and mind management (Chimp Management) through our exclusive partnerships . The essential facilitated learning by expert facilitators, who are practising educational leaders, is supported by self-directed learning through think pieces, current cutting edge research, work based practice, placement in school and exposure to outstanding practise through optional school visits.
*There may be cheaper options from alternative providers. However, your value for money is for proven reputation and quality – with measured impact on school improvement.
*Bursaries of 10% will be considered for school leaders from category 6 area.
The new NPQH application window is now open. Once fully registered we will send you guidance on the application process, application form and support materials for the applicant and sponsor.
The Alliance of Leading Learning NPQH Package Includes:
- 360 Diagnostic on entry and exit
- A Launch Day Induction
- 2 Weekend all-inclusive residentials in 4* quality hotel (Thursday / Friday) led by exemplary headteachers and professional learning experts.
- Support with self-directed school-based tasks
- Opportunity to shadow a Headteacher for a day and see modelled good practice
- Support for your 10-day placement in another school
- Access to an external coach, if required
- Final assessment support throughout the course
- Access to the Alliance of Leading Learning national and international Professional Learning Community.
- Admin support and customer care throughout the course
*Investing on our leaders: The launches and residential for our NPQH are delivered at quality hotels with full conferencing facilities, full board and access to Leisure facilities – at no extra cost. We will ensure that you will be allocated to the cohort and residential which is most geographically convenient for you.
Leading with Impact:
- Distribute responsibility and accountability throughout the school to improve performance.
- Be an inspiring leader in a range of different situations.
- Communicate and negotiate with different people effectively to make progress objectives.
Teaching and Curriculum Excellence:
- Lead and grow excellent teaching in a school.
- Support pupils of all backgrounds, abilities and particular needs in the school to achieve high standards, including Pupil Premium, SEND, EAL or the most able pupils.
- Systematically review the cumulative impact of initiatives on teacher workload and make proportionate and pragmatic demands on staff.
- Hold all staff to account for performance using performance management, appraisal, misconduct and grievance systems.
- Create and sustain an environment where all staff are encouraged to develop their own knowledge and skills, and support each other.
- Anticipate capability requirements or gaps in the school and design strategies to fill them.
School Strategy and Improvement:
- Anticipate changes in the external and strategic environment.
- Develop an evidence based organisational strategy, in collaboration with the governing board.
- Lead a successful whole-school change programme.
Working in Partnership:
- Use different models of partnership working to improve educational provision, sustain a culture of mutual challenge and learn from others (including parents/carers, the wider community and other organisations).
- Lead and effective partnership which brings benefits to the school and wider education system, particularly in their school’s area(s) of expertise or specialism.
Managing Resources and Risks:
- Balance a school’s strategic or educational priorities with financial efficiency.
- Implement accountability arrangements to manage resources and risks effectively and in line with statutory requirements (where applicable, fulfilling the Accountability Officer role as defined in the Academies Financial Handbook).
The final assessment comprises of 2 sections:
- A project style submission detailing your development as a leader throughout the programme. You will create a 4,000 word report based on your school project
- Design an action plan of 2,500 words to meet your placement School’s resourcing and capability needs You will be able to choose a window for your assessment within an 18 month timescale.
To register, please click here.