On September 1st 2011 Elmridge Primary School became one of the first 100 schools to be appointed a Teaching School. This designation, granted to Outstanding schools, follows the Government White Paper (2010) which set out the principles of a self-improving school system to be led and facilitated through Teaching Schools.
By 2014 there will be a network of 500 outstanding teaching school alliances driving significant improvement in schools.
A Teaching School's role is to:-
- play a greater role in training new entrants into the profession
- lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development
- identify and develop leadership potential
- provide support for other schools
- designate and broker Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs)
- engage in research and development
Elmridge gained its Teaching School status in partnership/job-share with St Chads CofE, in Oldham. Elmridge and St Chads joined together to work in a collaborative manner, sharing a vision "Give, Gain, Grow" .
Further information on Teaching Schools is available on the National College Website
Latest Teaching School Events
There are currently no events.
Calendar page: Teaching School >>